Monday, March 2, 2009

Canada: Tina: Slave to a Pimp


TORONTO, CANADA - Her words bounce across the table in a cadence of confidence.

But dig a little deeper and you'll soon learn that at 20, Tina has all but written herself off.

"I'll die with a pipe in my mouth," she says in a fast-food restaurant, across from the Mississauga motel where she has lived recently. "A boyfriend? No. Nobody would date a hooker. Nobody."

She started this interview high on crack and she will end it wanting more.

Her tired eyes show the scars within, the ones that the scars all over her body can't account for.

"To be in a serious relationship means you have to admit everything about you, everything about your past, and what has gone into who you are," she says.

"I don't know anybody that would accept my past or my choices or my habits. I don't. And I'm okay with it, like, it's cool. Whatever."

---

Tina isn't her real name, but much of her life has been a reality check...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE AT TorontoSun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment