Sunday, May 4, 2008

Seattle: Child's Pimp Receives Extraordinary Sentence

SEATTLE, WASHINGTON - A Seattle pimp who turned a 12-year-old girl into a prostitute received an extraordinary five-year prison term Friday.

U.S. District Judge John Coughenour cited the victim's age in sentencing Sean Hart to a term that is almost three times longer than federal guidelines.

The girl went missing in 2006 from her home in Elk Grove, Calif. Passed from pimp to pimp, the girl ended up in Hart's hands May 25, 2006, according to court records.

For 12 days, Hart forced her into prostitution and "coerced her into giving him all her earnings. (She) feared the defendant because he beat her frequently," according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Jill Otake.

In seeking the exceptional sentence, Otake characterized Hart as a man who "caused a 12-year-old girl to believe that her only asset was her ability to have sex with strangers. She now faces a horrific struggle to overcome this belief."

Before sentencing, Hart addressed the court, saying: "I am just ashamed and embarrassed. I'll never do something like this again. I am changing my life."

Coughenour also sentenced Randy Ivey to 30 months in prison for his role in passing the girl on to Hart. That sentence also was an upward departure from sentencing guidelines, which call for a range of 12 to 18 months...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE AT SeattlePI.com

1 comment:

  1. I just came upon this posting and I commend you for your commitment to educate society about these crimes against women and young girls. My son was one of these men who was found guilty of forcing this young girl into a life of prostitution. What makes his crime even more shocking is that his daughter was only a year younger than the victim when this incident occurred.

    I do not condone his actions and this is not the environment he was raised in. My heart goes out to all the women and young girls he has coerced. I only wish there was more I could do for them.

    ReplyDelete